The Swedish cable operator Com Hem saw a surprise year-on-year fall in subscriber numbers in the second quarter despite an improved financial performance.
Boxer’s Swedish operations continue to suffer from subscriber erosion, while its Danish compatriot is growing in stature.
Martin Kull is to leave his role as CTO of Swedish cable network Com Hem after 11 years with the network.
Modern Times Group (MTG) has announced the resignation of Hans-Holger Albrecht and the appointment of Jørgen Madsen as group president and CEO.
Modern Times Group is to acquire 80% of the Swedish communications network Zitius Service Delivery AB. The undisclosed purchase from Quadracom also give MTG the option to acquire the remaining 20% in 2016.
Modern Times Group’s Viaplay is to deploy Irdeto’s Active Cloak for Media software to protect content on its over-the-top service.
Swedish-owned Teracom has taken control of the Danish terrestrial TV and radio networks after reaching agreement with the public broadcaster Danmarks Radio and commercial network TV2.
TV2 Sport, the joint venture between Modern Times Group (MTG) and Denmark’s TV2, is to launch of a dedicated channel to provide coverage of the Premier League over the next three years.
The Swedish Radio and Television Board (RTVV) has published its sixth annual report into the market surrounding application software for digital television including Electronic Programme Guides (EPG) and the Application Programming Interface (API) that support the various interactive applications.
An ongoing dispute between the Swedish Post and Telecom Agency (PTS) and the transmission company Teracom has meant that channels scheduled to commence broadcasting in the country’s sixth digital television multiplex remain off the air.