The MWS is an annual international conference organised by Fraunhofer FOKUS since 2010, traditionally hosting 200+ participants from all over the world discussing internet-based media delivery. During two days, MWS covers technical aspects (workshop, tutorials, and exhibition on the first day) as well as trends and business-related aspects (conference on the second day). The full agenda is available here.
This year’s topics include:
• Artificial Intelligence for Media: AI-based-Encoding, content analytics and metadata, AI based media solutions, content provenance and authenticity
• Advanced Streaming Technologies: DASH, HLS, SAND, LL Streaming, HbbTV, Media Delivery in 5G+, Video Player Tech, DRM, Quality of Experience
• Media Applications and Services: Addressable TV, Dynamic Ad Insertion/Substitution, Audience Measurement, Monetisation, audiovisual conferencing
Confirmed speakers come from: 5G-MAG, Akamai, Arvato/Bertelsmann, Ateme, Athena, AWS Elemental, Brightcove, Broadpeak, CBC/RTL, Comcast, DASH-IF, Deutsche Telekom, DVB, EBU, Ericsson, Eyevinn, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Future of Voice, Google, HbbTV, Huawei, IHP, LGE, Microsoft Azure, Motionspell, Nowtilus, Orange, Ozyegin University, ProSiebenSat.1, Qualcomm, Quortex, Samsung, Simula, Staex, Tencent, Tiledmedia, TP Vision, TriCat, Uniberg, Unified Streaming, Vewd, W3C, XRoad Media, Zattoo.
The following tutorials and workshops will be held on June 21:
• Tutorial: 5G Media – Standards and Technologies
• Tutorial: Advertisement in Broadcast and Broadband
• Tutorial: Internet Delivered Media –Streaming Tech Update
• Tutorial: Video Player Best Practices
• Workshop: 5G Media
• Workshop: Ad Tech
• Workshop: Deep Media – AI & Metaverse
• Workshop: Internet Delivered Media
The following sessions are featured in the conference on June 22:
• Streaming tech – where are we now?
• Media meets AI meets 5G meets media
• Online Video Standardisation Panel inviting reps from DASH-IF, WAVE, DVB. HbbTV, 3GPP, MPEG, W3C
• Advanced TV
Following the MWS tradition of providing a platform for international technology experts, Fraunhofer FOKUS is co-hosting several other media-related meetings the same week in Berlin, namely dash.js face-to-face meeting, VR Industry Forum face-to-face meeting, Berlin video meetup and the DASH-IF face-to-face meeting.
Registration is required and available for free at https://fokusmws22.eventbrite.de.