IBC 2007 (Stand 5.248 & IPTV Zone 213)
Advanced Digital Broadcast(ADB) will at IBC provide focus on a number of revenue enhancing technologies and solutions specifically designed to open new service and revenue opportunities for digital television operators at IBC2007.
Recognised for its ability to deliver state of the art technology ahead of the competition, ADB will headline its latest range of IPTV, Advanced Video Coding and High Definition (HD) settop boxes, providing a complete product portfolio for cable, IPTV, satellite, and terrestrial operators. The company will also present a number of solutions designed to optimise new revenue streams including push Video on Demand (pVoD), multiroom content sharing and Internet TV/OTTTV.
“ADB shares a single vision with its customers and that is to ensure that we provide the most innovative product solutions to enable digital TV operators to optimise their revenues,” says Mark Goodburn, Director of Marketing, ADB.
“In a highly competitive industry, our unique end to end knowledge of settop box software and hardware coupled with an intimate understanding of the digital television business ensures that we keep our customers ahead of their competition, and to this end we ensure that we deliver new solutions such as Advanced Video Coding, IPTV and high definition television to market quickly”.
ADB has swiftly established itself as the leading volume supplier of hybrid IPTV settop boxes (STBs) in Europe and a valued partner for systems integrators and technology providers.
ADB launched and deployed in volume the world’s first singlechip, hybrid, high definition (HD) STB based on advanced video coding (AVC), the state of the art ADB3800TW and in recognition, secured two major industry accolades ‘Cable and Satellite International’s ‘Product of the Year Award’ in September 2006 and the ‘IPTV World Series Award’ in March 2007.
A comprehensive portfolio of versatile product solutions for satellite, cable and terrestrial operators will have their debuts at IBC2007, including:
· ADB will launch the much anticipated ADB5810TWX – a digital video recorder designed specifically for IPTV operators wishing to offer their customers the convenience of personal video recording. The unit is AVC based and compliant with SD and HD transmissions at MPEG2 and MPEG4 levels – it also offers the additional benefit of hybrid recording from both DVBT and IP transmissions.
· ADB will unveil a new solution for operators wishing to maximise opportunities posed by InternetTV/OTTTV including a live demonstration.
· ADB’s latest IPTV product based on its award winning 3000 series design, the ADB3810TW, combines IPTV, digital terrestrial television and High Definition Television (HDTV) in a single unit fitted with the latest high performance singlechip microprocessor. The product is based on the latest advanced, singlechip architecture which provides decoding of MPEG4/H.264 content, to ensure that operators can distribute HDTV services cost effectively.
· ADB will launch a new range of settop boxes for digital television operators under it’s iCAN ™ retail brand. The portfolio will consist of a new entrylevel, product the iCAN 2100T, the interactive high definition iCAN 3800T and a high definition compatible DVR the iCAN 5810TX.
· For cable operators ADB will be demonstrating a number of DOCSIS® and DVBC products, including the ADB3800C HDTV unit. Following the drive towards separable security and open standards in North America, the company’s latest fully OpenCable® compliant solution featuring CableCARD™ and OCAP™ middleware and applications will also be unveiled in Europe for the first time.
· In partnership with Osmosys, ADB will also showcase its flexible PushVoD platform for operators who wish to maximise revenues by distributing content directly to consumers’ DVRs for convenient retrieval at a later date. The demonstration will be made on ADB’s high definition, digital satellite platform the ADB5810SX.
· ADB will demonstrate it’s ADB3810TW STB and unveil the ADB5810TWX DVR solution for IPTV operators in the IPTV Zone.
· ADB will also be demonstrating its recent advances in new technology, with an innovative solution for wireless and wired content sharing in a multiroom scenario.
· ADB’s high definition demonstrations will be made in partnership with high quality, high definition content supplied by BBC Motion Gallery (www.bbcmotiongallery.com).
Goodburn concludes: “We intend to illustrate our commitment to partnerships with our customers. Our unique vision is to ensure that all of our customers are able to optimise their digital TV operations, be it enabling them to operate more efficient networks through features such as Advanced Video Coding or increase revenues through new services such as high definition television and Video on Demand.
The timely launch of such technologies and services is of prime importance and ADB’s unique understanding enables the company to service such requirements ahead of the competition.”