The HbbTV Association has revealed the names of the judges for this year’s HbbTV Awards.
Jury members Nicole Agudo Berbel, ProSiebenSat.1; Robert Briel, Broadband TV News; Paul Gray, Omdia; Vincent Grivet, HbbTV Association; Marc Hankmann, Freelance Journalist; Andre Prahl, RTL Deutschland; Leslie Shanklin, Discovery and Martina Vojtechovská, MediaGuru.cz will meet to decide the Awards across seven categories.
“We are proud about the excellent panel of high-profile industry executives and experts assessing the entries for this year’s HbbTV Awards. The contest provides a unique opportunity to showcase the latest best-in-class examples of applications and services enabled by the HbbTV specifications. I am, as always, very excited to review the Awards entries which give an outstanding and privileged insight into the market dynamics of HbbTV,” said Vincent Grivet, Chair of the HbbTV Association. “I would like to encourage all industry players to submit their entries for the connected TV industry’s most respected award.”
The categories for the HbbTV Awards 2022 are:
- Best use of HbbTV for advertising-based solutions
- Best tool or product for HbbTV service development or delivery
- Best technology innovation in an HbbTV product or service
- Best interoperability and conformance tool
- Best marketing or promotion of an HbbTV-based service
- Best individual contribution to the HbbTV Association
- Judges’ award “HbbTV newcomer of the year
The closing date for submissions is September 15, 2022. A shortlist of finalists will be put forward to the jury who will select the winners. The finalists will be announced by October 15, 2022.