The CME-owned Slovak national commercial broadcaster TV Markiza is reported to have been fined SKK2 million (€59,640) by the Broadcasting Council (Rada) for showing a Big Brother nomination programme before […]
Data produced by TNS Latvia shows that the national commercial station LNT was the most TV watched service in December 2007, claiming an audience share of 18.3%.
The Bulgarian cable channel Eurocom Bulgaria is reported to have secured a new owner, with an entrepreneur named Grisha Ganchev acquiring a 50% stake for an undisclosed fee.
RTL has announced Bert Habets is to take over from Fons van Westerloo as the CEO of RTL Nederland with effect from February 8.
Even after the recent investment in Premiere by Murdoch’s News Corp, Vivendi is still interested in acquiring the German pay-TV operator, said CEO Jean-Bernard Lévy, “but only if the conditions […]
The Italian media company Mediaset will launch a new DTT pay package called Premium Gallery on January 19 in addition to its current pay-per-view offer. A total of six channels […]
Jaman and TiVo today announced that an agreement between the companies will bring thousands of independent and international movies to the TV via the TiVo PVR.
PT Multimedia has been given regulatory approval for the €60 million purchase of cablenets Pluricanal and Bragatel.
BBC Future Media and Technology has announced the appointment of Dirk-Willem van Gulik as the division’s Chief Technical Architect. He joins from the broadband video service Joost where he was […]
Portuguese cablenet TV Cabo is to take control of smaller rival TVTel. The PT Multimedia division has already taken a 20% stake and will purchase the remaining 80% from investment […]