Warner Bros. Discovery has announced the European leadership team for its recently combined operations.
Priya Dogra, who was appointed as President and Managing Director, EMEA (ex Poland) in April says she’s built a team that “harnesses and balances the experience, perspective and talent from across the Discovery and WarnerMedia businesses”.
The newly appointed managers will need to both develop the businesses in their respective territories and integrate the two organisations into a single team.
- Alessandro Araimo becomes General Manager, Italy, Spain and Portugal. He was previously EVP and General Manager for Discovery in Italy.
- Pierre Branco becomes General Manager, France, Benelux and Africa. He was previously Country Manager for WarnerMedia in France, Benelux, Middle East and Africa and Head of Affiliates and Ad Sales for EMEA.
- Jamie Cooke becomes General Manager, CEE, Baltics, Middle East, Mediterranean and Turkey. He was previously Country Manager for Discovery across CEE and Middle East & Africa.
- Hannes Heyelmann becomes General Manager, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. He was previously EVP Programming for WarnerMedia across EMEA.
- Antonio Ruiz becomes General Manager, UK and Ireland. He was previously General Manager for Discovery in Spain, France and Portugal.
- Christina Sulebakk becomes General Manager, Nordics. She was previously General Manager of HBO Max across Europe.
As previously announced, Leah Hooper is the regional lead for Streaming for EMEA.
Earlier this week, Broadband TV News reported the departure of Sylvia Rothblum, Country Manager, Germany, Austria and Switzerland for WarnerMedia and Susanne Aigner, GSVP & General Manager, Germany, Switzerland, Austria & Benelux for Discovery.
It has now been confirmed that Thomas Ciampa, Country Manager for Italy, Spain and Portugal for WarnerMedia; Lydia Fairfax, SVP Commercial Partnerships, EMEA for Discovery and David Fisher, VP Advance Advertising for Discovery will also be leaving.