Made up of executives from both companies, it will be headed by the CEO Panayotis Georgiopoulos and combine the experience, market knowledge and expertise that have been developed by Nova and Wind over more than three decades.
United Group says it has already invested €1.4 billion in Greece since it first entered the market in 2020 and it will invest another €1.3 billion in the country over the next five years, focusing on priorities including expanding its fibre-optic network, rolling out 5G, and pay-TV.
Commenting on the team, United Group chief executive Victoriya Boklag said: “There is a tremendous amount of talent and skill in both organisations. We’re pleased to have a very experienced management team to lead them into the next phase of their development and to prepare their people to jointly make the most of the considerable opportunities the Greek market offers”.
She added: “I’d also like to thank Haris Kyriakopoulos for his contribution as Wind’s CEO over the past three months. During the transition period Wind and its team continued their outstanding commercial momentum”.
Nova-Wind CEO Panayotis Georgiopoulos said: “I’m honoured to have been entrusted with my fellow management team members to lead the integration of Wind and Nova. I’m excited about the work ahead and the possibilities that will be unleashed as we combine these two great teams and transform the business. This is an opportunity to evolve and expand our offering to consumers and businesses, showcasing even greater dynamics”.
The members of the joint Nova-Wind management team are:
• Panayotis Georgiopoulos, Chief Executive Officer
• Kiki Silvestriadou, Chief Executive Officer Nova Media
• George Lambrou, Chief Financial Officer
• Michalis Anagnostakos, Chief Marketing Officer
• Christos Noulis, Chief Commercial Officer
• Dimitris Papazafiropoulos, Technical Chief Operations Officer
• Katerina Maniadaki, Legal & Regulatory Executive Director
• George Tsaprounis, Corporate Affairs Executive Director
• Maria Stergiou, B2B Executive Director
• Alexandros Bregiannis, Public & ICT Executive Director
A Chief Technology Officer will be appointed in due course.