Cinedigm and ZEASN, a provider of OTT and Smart TV solutions, have announced a partnership to bring Cinedigm’s OTT channels and assortment of content to ZEASN-enabled smart TVs powered by ZEASN’s Whale OS, including all Philips, Magnavox and many other television OEMs.
Users can view Cinedigm’s diverse channels from WhaleLive, a brand new ad-supported Live streaming service developed by ZEASN.
ZEASN already carries Cinedigm’s Viewster app and will now make available the following channels from Cinedigm’s growing portfolio of premium linear channels:
1. The Bob Ross Channel – The official Bob Ross channel.
2. Comedy Dynamics – with a collection of stand-up comedy, with the top names of comedy in new and classic performances.
3. Bambu – A network for top Chinese entertainment with Chinese serial dramas, rom-coms, action, sci-fi and game shows.
4. Docurama – A network dedicated solely to documentary and factual entertainment. Enjoy full-length feature films & TV series spanning arts, politics, science, music & history.
5. CONtv – A channel with pop culture essentials: enigmatic sci-fi, fantasy, horror, cringe-worth grindhouse and retro film & TV series.
6. MyTime Movie Network – The First female focused streaming film network .
7. CONtv Anime – Featuring a wide range of iconic anime series & movies… cyberpunk, supernatural tales, gripping dramas and epic fantasy adventures!
8. Whistle Sports – Whistle Sports unites top athletes, influencers and celebrities in a frenzied assembly of short, scripted and episodic content.
“As we have seen with the worldwide success of Netflix, Disney+ and others, we are experiencing a dramatic transformation in how movies and television content is distributed and consumed across the globe. As more and more content is streamed directly into the home, we are pleased to extend our partnership with ZEASN and become a key content provider for them,” said Tony Huidor, Cinedigm’s General Manager of Digital Networks.
“As such, this partnership gives us a strategic advantage by providing a direct means of launching our OTT channels in various formats worldwide and reaching a global audience.”
“Cinedigm has played a leading role as the premier independent content distributor in this market segment, and we’re extremely excited to deliver their premium contents through our Ad-supported live streaming service WhaleLive to all the users around the world,” said Jason He, Chief Executive Officer of ZEASN.
“This partnership further improves the streaming experience on our Whale Eco, we will continue to provide our partners with leading technologies, tools and expertise to help them to scale with speed, while delivering compelling customer experiences all over the world. ”
In a related development, ZEASN launched WhaleLive, a new ad-supported streaming service on Philips Smart TV platform providing consumers with free access to a wide selection of news, movies, kids, music, sports, and entertainment channels.
WhaleLive is initially available in the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It is planned to roll out to other countries or regions over the coming weeks. WhaleLive is one of the core services from Whale Eco, which will be integrated with other Whale Eco TV brand customers as well. It is expected that by the end of this year, millions of Smart TVs consumers can access WhaleLive on their TV portal.
“We are absolutely thrilled to offer WhaleLive to our users around the world,” said Raymond Chung, Chief Technology Officer at ZEASN.
“It is a powerful supplement to traditional broadcast TV channels because it brings together hundreds of different types of live streaming services. Besides, We provide a variety of methods such as Channel List, Smart Launcher, Recommendation, etc. to facilitate users to quickly view and bookmark their favorite live channels. It’s an easier way to enjoy the best free entertainment.”