The Russian state-owned holding Rostec is interested in buying the operator Akado Telekom.
Quoting two industry sources and a third close to Rostec’s management, Kommersant reports that the National Informatisation Centre (NCI), which is controlled by Rostec, is negotiating to buy Akado and that a pre-sale audit is under way.
It adds that Akado may be of interest to Rostec as it is larger provider of video surveillance projects in Moscow.
Since this June Akado has been 51% owned by AVK Investments, with the remaining 49% being held by Renova. It is the fourth leading provider of internet services in Moscow in subscriber terms after MTS, Rostelecom and Vimpelcom, with a 7% market share, and also offers pay-TV services.
Although Akado is believed to be worth R15 billion (€169.3 million), it is currently facing a lawsuit for R2.8 billion.