Romania’s National Audiovisual Council (CNA) has awarded a licence to Smart TV/Smart TV HD Bucharest, a channel backed by Adrian Sarbu, the former head of CME, and Marius Tuca.
Quoting Sarbu, Mediafax reports that the channel will be focused on journalism and urban culture. Although available on all devices, it will be primarily a classic cable service and make its debut in the last quarter of this year.
Mediafax adds that over half (56%) of the channel’s output will be produced in house, with the remaining 44% being of foreign origin.
The programmes will be informative (23%), cultural, (8.7%) and educational (2.7%), with the start-up costs set at €2 million.