Stoneroos is a provider of interactive TV apps and OTT solutions. Delta Fiber Netherlands is an internet, TV and (fixed and mobile) telephony provider in The Netherlands, operating under the brands Delta and Caiway.
The introduction of the new app is part of a Partnership Agreement between Delta and Stoneroos, which was started last year by deploying a set-top box (STB) application for its new all IP-based service model, based on Amino set-top boxes. The introduction of the new, native mobile apps is another step towards Delta offering its customers a seamlessly integrated television experience across all platforms. Delta, that serves the province of Zeeland, launched its interactive IPTV platform in January 2018.
The new mobile app, available for smartphones and tablets, allows viewers to watch linear live TV, record programmes, catch-up past programmes as well as re-start a programme from the beginning. The app is optimised for the two formats, smartphone and tablets, to offer the viewer the best possible UI experience.
The main features of the new mobile app are: – watch channels live – not only in The Netherlands, but across the European Union.
– have access to dozens of radio stations and non-stop audio music channels
– a fully featured EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) featuring the Stoneroos-patented TV view feature
– catch-up on programmes broadcast during the past seven days
– ‘replay TV’, allowing users to re-start live programmes (begin gemist)
– record programmes in the cloud
– cast a programme on the big screen using Google Chromecast
– a special PIP (Picture-in-Picture) feature for the tablet version, which allows users to open others apps while continue to watch television
– viewers who watch a programme on one device, can stop and continue to watch on any other device
Stoneroos has used its white-label OTT Now! product, fully optimised for the Delta brand, which connects directly to the Amino TV platform API’s.
“We enjoy working for a Dutch customer and being able to make a NextGen product and try to make a difference by making the app user-friendly, intuitive, modern, personal and fast” said Annelies Kaptein, CEO of Stoneroos.
“Delta is pleased with the knowledge and expertise of Stoneroos and the way they have helped to develop our new interactive TV platform. With this mobile addition to our offer, our customers have even more freedom and endless possibilities to watch TV wherever and whenever they want. With the additions, our customers get a TV platform that excels in user-friendliness and delivers a highly personalised experience” said Timmy Langeveld – Senior Product manager Interactive TV at Delta Fiber.
Let month, Delta Fiber Netherlands, updated its set-top box (STB) application from Hilversum-based Stoneroos in order to allow multicast IP streaming and to integrate the Metrological App Store.