The latest stats published by the regulator ANRCETI show that the number of IPTV subscribers rose by about 10% in the first nine months of this year to reach 153,400. At the same time, IPTV revenues in the first nine months were, at MDL56.5 million (€2.9 million), 2% higher than in the corresponding period in 2017.
Meanwhile, the number of cable TV subscribers fell by 10.6% to about 164,700, and sales were 2.8% lower at MDL62.6 million.
All told, the number of pay-TV subscribers in the country fell by 1.6% in the first nine months of this year to 318,600.
Furthermore, pay-TV sales fell by 0.6% to MDL119.1 million and ARPU by 8.2% to MDL41.
In the case of digital subscribers the majority (68.5%) opted for IPTV, with the remainder (31.5%) choosing cable. Just over three in five (61.8%) of pay-TV subscribers were digital and the remainder (38.2%) analogue.
Moldtelecom (34.4%) was the leading provider of pay-TV services, followed by Sun Communications (20.5%) and TV Box (12.7%), with other having a combined market share of 32.4%.