ANGA COM has completely restructured and extended its conference programme to 34 expert panels for 2018. Four weeks before the start, already 1,500 visitors have also registered for the conference programme.
“The broadband and media markets have never developed faster than now. With for the first time 500 exhibitors and a once again upgraded conference programme, ANGA COM will further intensify its leadership role in Europe. Whether business, technology, politics or regulation,” said Dr. Peter Charissé, Managing Director of ANGA COM.
“Who would like to be up-to-date regarding broadband roll-out or media distribution, will meet in Cologne in the middle of June.”
Highlight of the first conference day is the International CTO Panel with Arris, Cisco, Com Hem, Liberty Global, TDC Group, Vodafone Deutschland and Tele Columbus. On the second day Vodafone, Deutsche Telekom, Unitymedia, ProSiebenSat.1 and Sky will join a summit discussion on the current developments in the broadband and media markets: Conrad Albert (Group CEO / Group General Counsel, ProSiebenSat.1 Media), Dr. Manuel Cubero (Chief Commercial Officer, Vodafone Deutschland), Carsten Schmidt (CEO, Sky Deutschland), Lutz Schüler (CEO, Unitymedia) and Dr. Dirk Wössner (Member of the Board of Management for Germany, Deutsche Telekom).
In total 16 panels in English will focus on DOCSIS 3.1, FTTH, WiFi, OTT, HFC Networks, Cloud Services, Mul-tiscreen, Copyright Law, Big Data and – in cooperation with Broadband TV News – TV Strategies in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Amongst the highlights of the first conference day is the strategy panel Content: TV vs. Streaming – New Con-tent? New Cooperations? with Oliver Berben (Managing Board TV, digital Media, Entertainment, Constantin Film), Dr. Manuel Cubero (Chief Commercial Officer, Vodafone Deutschland), Wolfgang Elsäßer (Senior Vice President Business Unit TV, Telekom Deutschland), Frank Hoffmann (Managing Director of Programs at RTL Television) and Dr. Christoph Schneider (Managing Director, Amazon Prime Video Germany).
Further panels on strategic topics are:
= TV Strategies in Europe, Middle East and Africa – Market Update in cooperation with Broadband TV News
– EU Regulatory Update: Copyright Law in cooperation with Cable Europe
– NewTV: AppTV, Cloud TV, VR and AR with Discovery Networks Deutschland, Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, ProSieben Sat.1 Media, Telekom Deutschland and Zattoo
– Analogue, SD and HD – After the Switch-Off is before the Switch-Off with HD Plus, Media Broadcast, ProSiebenSat.1 Media, Vodafone Deutschland and WDR
– Adressable TV: Television in Times of Big Data and Digital Assistants in cooperation with the German TV Platform
– IPTV and Replay Concepts for Cable and Fiber Networks with Abox42, Eviso Germany, M7 Group, Ocilion IPTV Technologies and Zattoo
– New Cooperations in the Broadband Market – An Interim Result in cooperation with BUGLAS Bundesverband Glasfaseranschluss
– Internet of Things & Industrie 4.0 in cooperation with ZVEI – German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers’ Association
– Inhouse Connectivity & Smart Home with Abox42, AVM, devolo, digitalSTROM, Telekom Deutschland and Unitymedia.
On the third day, Thursday, 14 June 2018, ANGA COM, the Broadband Office of the German Federation and the Association of Telecommunications and Value-Added Service Providers (VATM) will organise a joint Broadband Day – Gigabit now!. The conference panels will address political, practical, regulatory and technical topics of the broadband roll-out. The Broadband Day offers free access for all visitors upon prior online registration.