“A handful of Smart TVs are delivering a next generation experience, enabling faster performance, easier app access, and new features that improve Netflix and other internet TV services. We’ve identified these devices as Netflix recommended TVs,” Netflix says.
Here is the first wave of 2018 Netflix Recommended TVs: LG 4K UHD TVs with webOS 4.0 and Sony W800F / WF800 series Android TVs.
Netflix expects the smart TVs to meet at least five of its seven criteria:
– TV Instant On: TV starts instantly and apps are ready to use instantly;
– Fast app launch: Netflix app always launches quickly;
– Netflix button: Remote control includes a Netflix button;
– Easy Netflix Icon Access: Netflix app is easy to access and launch from the TV menu;
– TV Resume: TV remembers what viewer was doing and wakes at same place it was turned off;
– High-res Netflix Interface: Viewers can browse Netflix in 1080p resolution;
– Latest Netflix version.
The list of 2017 recommended smart TVs can be found here.