Several thematic channels in Russia are now co-owned by Sergey Petrov, a former leading manager at the national broadcaster CTC Media.
Kommersant reports they include Russian versions of National Geographic and Fox, the adult channels CandyMan and Candy TV, and Country Life and Travel and Adventure.
It adds that minority shares in these channels are managed by a company named Bianka Media, in which Petrov acquired a 49.5% stake in December last year. The remaining 50.5% in Bianka-Media is held by Tatiana Bubentsova.
According to Kommersant, Bianca Media owns minority stakes in several companies that manage thematic channels. These include 24% of Telco Media, which through several subsidiaries operate Russian versions of the Fox International Channels: National Geographic, Fox, Fox Life, Nat Geo Wild, their HD versions, and Baby TV.
Telco Media received the channels following the adoption of a law in 2014 limiting the level of foreign ownership in Russian media companies to 20%. The remaining 76% of Telco Media is owned by Dmitry and Elena Rudnev.
Bianca Media also owns 26% of Max Media, which manages seven satellite-delivered channels. Its other interests include minority (15%) stakes in CandyMan and Candy TV.