The Russian cable operator ER Telecom has closed the acquisition of Columbia Telecom for an undisclosed fee.
According to TelecomDaily, it brought 54.34% of Columbia Telecom’s shares from Wintergate Holdings Limited and the remaining 45.66% from a private person.
It adds that Columbia Telecom has been working under its own brand and that of NextOne since 2001 and currently has 39,000 individual and over 2,000 corporate clients in the city of Volgograd.
It offers its customers broadband, telephony and IPTV services.
ER Telecom has been expanding its presence through Russia, with its recent acquisitions including Akado Telecom’s assets in Yekaterinburg and St Petersburg.