The inaugural HbbTV Awards are now open for entries from across the HbbTV community.
The Awards, which take place on 17th October 2017 in Rome at the 6th annual HbbTV Symposium, recognise those companies that demonstrate the best adoption of HbbTV, with the theme: HbbTV: Technical Excellence, Commercial Advantage.
The categories for the awards are:
• Best use of HbbTV for Advertising and Promotion
• Best use of HbbTV for Broadcast Enhancement
• Best Multiscreen HbbTV Service
• Best use of HbbTV for Content Discovery (VOD and Guides)
• Best Marketing or Promotion of an HbbTV Based Service
• Best Technology Innovation in an HbbTV Product or Service
• Best Individual Contribution to the HbbTV Association
• Judges Grand Prix Prize
“The HbbTV Awards are a key development in the evolution of HbbTV. We welcome submissions which reflect the breadth of the HbbTV community and reflect the wide range of successful implementations we’ve seen across 43 million devices with 300 apps in 25 countries,” said Matthew Huntington, CTO of Freesat and Chair of the HbbTV Marketing & Education Group.
The HbbTV Awards are hosted by the HbbTV Association with support from The Associazione HD Forum Italia (HDFI) and the DTG. Entries close on October 6, 2017 and finalists will be advised by October 10, 2017. All finalists are invited to attend the HbbTV Awards Ceremony on 17th October 2017.
For more information, please visit www.hbbtvsymposium.com and award entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.