As previously reported by Broadband TV News, OnPrime TV is operated by Sky UK Ltd and Cisco Systems Inc, with its content aggregated by Encompass Digital Media.
It was launched at the beginning of December 2016, initially in the UK and Germany, with plans to roll out to other European markets later this year.
OnPrime TV’s offer consists of Sky South Asian, Sky Arabic and Sky Russian and News channel packs and can be accessed via Apple TV.
OnPrime TV Channel Packs
- Sky Russian pack: THT, Bestseller, Moolt, Planeta HD, 1+1 International, CTC International, Domashniy, Peretz, TV1000 Russian Kino
- In UK and Italy, pack also includes Channel One Russia, Carousel, Vremya, Dom Kino, Muzika Pervogo,
- Sky Arabic pack: Rotana Aflam, Rotana Cinema, LBC, Rotana Clip, Rotana Mousica, Rotana Classic, Rotana Khalijia
- Sky South Asian pack: Sony Entertainment TV Asia, Sony Max, Zee TV, Zee Cinema, Zee Punjabi, B4U
- In Germany and Italy, pack also includes Star Plus, Star Life Ok, Star Gold
- Star TV pack available separately in UK with Star Plus, Star Life Ok, Star Gold
Expansion to Android, Amazon Fire and additional Apple consumer devices is also set for later this year.
All packs offer a free trial of the service, and then range in price from £8.99 to £17.99 a month with no long-term contract required.
Commenting on the latest channel addition, Emma Jones, Viasat World VP commercial affairs said: “We are delighted to be part of the OnPrime TV offering and are eager to bring the best Russian movies to new audiences across multiple territories and devices. TV1000 Russian Kino is our most popular channel both in Russia and abroad and we are excited to welcome our new viewers in Germany, Italy and the UK.”
Rajeev Raman, VP, strategy and product management, SP Applications and Platforms, Cisco, added: “OnPrime TV fills the gap in the market for high-quality foreign entertainment available to non-European expatriate communities living in Europe.”