“Ideally”, HSE24 will launch in Turkey in 2015, CEO Richard Reitzner told German business newspaper Handelsblatt. The country would offer plenty of TV households, high TV consumption and a booming middle class.
France would be “rather exciting” as well, but also “difficult” due to “local media laws”, said Reitzner. Apart from the German-language markets, HSE24 is also present in Italy and Russia.
In 2014, HSE24 increased its turnover by 7% to €587 million. The growth was particularly strong in the areas of fashion, cosmetics and beauty products. This year, the broadcaster wants to achieve a comparable growth, according to Reitzner.
HSE24 launched in 1995 as Germany’s first teleshopping channel under the name H.O.T. The main shareholder is US financial investor Providence Equity Partner with 85%. The remaining 15% are held by French investment company Axa Private Equity.