IBC 2011. Hall 1. Stand 1.C31. Strategy & Technology (S&T) will be providing interactive TV services for a range of standards and protocols in Europe and North America.
The Silicon Roundabout company provides DSMCC object carousel systems for MHEG-5, MHP, HbbTV, OCAP/Tru2way and ETV standards.
The UK MHEG-5 system remains a key part of interactive TV, regardless of whether or not YouView gains widespread adoption. S&T provides complete end-to-end interactive TV solutions including RedKey MHEG receiver middleware, video on demand, EPG, publishing and games applications as well as carousel playout and application monitoring systems.
Products being demonstrated at IBC 2011 include:
- RedKey 3 – digital TV receiver client software for the HbbTV specification, integrates the NetFront Browser from ACCESS with HbbTV signalling and S&T’s proven DSM-CC client.
- S&T Player – an MHEG application for Video on Demand services for both MHEG-IC and CI+ Connected TV platforms, with flexible back-office integration using S&T’s Mediator.
- RedKey 2 – S&T’s MHEG-5 middleware engine offers a modular architecture and supports all of the current international profiles of the MHEG interactive TV standard, as well as the CI+ browser.
- TSBroadcaster 2 – the second generation of S&T’s DSM-CC Object Carousel product for DVB (MHEG-5, HbbTV and MHP), OCAP/tru2way and ETV platforms.
- TSMonitor – automatic monitoring of MHEG and ETV interactive applications using scripted test-cases on virtual receivers running on a rack-mounted server.
- MHEG EPG – a complete MHEG-5 platform EPG including PVR integration for both pay-TV and free-to-air operators.
- MHEG Presenter – a general purpose publishing application for MHEG-5 platforms.