Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
This is a key role within the Technology team! The Director Broadcast Operations is responsible for the entire broadcast operation including; service, support, engineering, project management and local development activities within the Technology Broadcast function. The role requires exacting standards, a strong drive for performance improvement, and an ability to liaise with all levels of the business. A key component of this role is to provide the highest possible standards of service and support to the Broadcast client base as well as identifying and developing Technology opportunities which add maximum Business value.
Responsibilities will include:
appraisals and objective setting, as directed by senior management
- The incumbent will be required to understand the overall business and broadcast strategy and interpret the associated business needs into a clear set of technology drivers and deliverables, ensuring the creation, management and support of all associated technology systems employed within the Broadcast facility.
- Provide a 365 day x 24 hrs broadcast transmission operation delivering the highest possible levels of service (SLA 99.98%) and support. Creating and maintaining a Technology environment which designs, builds, and enables the creative and strategic growth Broadcast requirements.
- The role also requires the ability to liaise across a broad range of internal and external contacts, being based at Amsterdam the incumbent will have the key responsibility for building and maintaining strong relationship management with international channels for all technology issues.
- Technically sound and aware of the commercial realities of modern business, the incumbent will be expected to initiate and drive through change where needed and deliver both directly and through the team to meet the planned set of objectives.
- The Broadcast Technology environment spans, but is not limited to, Transmission systems, Video Servers, IT networks, Post production facilities, encoding, PC’s, servers, channel management, system software plus other areas of system management and/or utility software.
- To be available as the highest point of escalation within the Broadcast Technology team for service and support issues.
- Provide a level of awareness and communication to the Director Broadcast Projects & Development of any significant technology developments in the marketplace and their potential application, this is both internally to the technology team and the wider business community.
- The Broadcast function is a fully allocated cost to the business, the Director Broadcast Operations will ensure that all area’s (Engineering, TX Operations, operate within their budgetary constraints as directed by senior management and leverage any corporate deals available.
- Provide strong and visible leadership, ensuring employees are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities; they are trained, developed and motivated, to fulfil the requirements of those roles.
- In conjunction with the Security and Compliance team the incumbent will have responsibility for developing and maintaining a disaster recovery & business continuity plan for Broadcast Technology.
- Management of all external suppliers and corresponding contracts associated with areas of responsibility
- Promote technology service excellence throughout the department by coordinating and motivating staff to work to the highest possible level of excellence in an ever-changing technological environment.
- Provide the customer with service performance visibility via regular review meetings, presentations and reports which are based upon agreed performance metrics and benchmarked with best of breed external suppliers.
- Responsible for the development of Broadcast technology staff, including annual
- Pro-active implementing of root cause analysis, process improvement, problem solving policies and procedures throughout the department.
- Forming and maintaining a close working relationship with all other Technology department heads and functions, including a quarterly Broadcast forum involving key regional Broadcast teams.
- To serve the needs of the business by identifying opportunities for the re-use of technology throughout International and by responding to the request for new business requests/systems.
- By gaining Integrity, trust and a proven track record be invited by the business users to their strategic planning days to help understand and shape the benefits and use of technology services in achieving their strategic goals.
Minimum experience required:
(previous work, relevant industries)
- Management of a similar sized function.
- Excellence understanding of all core technologies and able to handle today and plan for tomorrow.
- A good demonstrable track record will be sought illustrating a successful career development over the past 10 years.
- 10-15 years experience within the Media broadcast industry
- 5 years experience of IT and its application within the Broadcast environment.
- Able to demonstrate a strong and clear view of digital asset management and distribution, IP TV, Graphic’s management, Post production technologies and interactivity.
Minimum Qualification Requirement
- Good academic standard, plus a formal industry qualification.
Minimum Language Requirement
- Good written and spoken Dutch and an ability to communicate effectively with technical and business employees at all levels.
- Second language, English, German, French
(Unique selling points, i.e. current & future opportunities, benefit to the individual) (unique selling points, i.e. current & future opportunities, benefit to the individual)
- To experience the exciting environment in the worlds leading music Media & broadcast company. We are committed to providing the very highest standards of service to its client base utilising cutting edge technology
- The opportunity to become involved with innovative technologies and working practices in a challenging and satisfying environment.
- The opportunity to work within a unique company culture
- The opportunity to gain exposure to international projects and challenges.
- A significant career prospect.
Interested? Please let us know by mail at [email protected]