The Czech DTH platform CS Link plans to start trialling Irdeto conditional access later this year, according to Daniel Klicka, the director of Media Vision.
Speaking to Parabola, he added that the platform plans to eventually switch from CryptoWorks, the system it is currently using.
Irdeto purchased the CryptoWorks system as part of its acquisition of the Philips CryptoTec division in February 2006. It has subsequently begun to look at migrating customers to the latest version of the Irdeto technology.
Klicka also said that Media Vision, the operator of CS Link, has recently seen an ownership change. While 60% of the company is still owned the Dutch company SP D Corporation, the remaining 40% has been acquired by GES Media Asset from individual shareholders.
Although CS Link recently introduced HD to its offer, Klicka was non-committal as to the company’s HD plans other than to say more channels would eventually be added.