It’s the story that has run for most of 2008, and as the business year draws to a close, Vivendi and Telefonica look set to pick up the Spanish DTH platform Digital+.
The two companies, both with past experience of the Spanish satellite market, will pay current owner Prisa €2.3 million for the company. Vivendi, which also owns Canal+, will hold 60% while the Spanish communications company will take the remaining 40%.
Local media said the €2.3 million pricetag was less than the Spanish publisher was expecting to draw. Digital+ was put up for sale on Prisa’s acquisition of the media company Sogecable.