Motorola is to purchase Terayon Communications Systems in a deal worth $140 million (€114.95m). Terayon is best known for video processing solutions that optimise bandwidth on cable systems. It came to prominence in the early 1990s through the Cherry Picker grooming product, which has now been deployed on more than 7,800 occasions.
Israeli brothers Shlomo and Zaki Rakiv founded Terayon. The two founders will retain 11% of the company’s shares while Motorola will hold the remaining 89%.
Following the completion of the transaction, Terayon will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Motorola, and will be integrated into the Connected Home Solutions business. Terayon will keep its operations in Santa Clara, California.