NATPE has acquired DISCOP East in Budapest as part of a focused international expansion that will benefit its clients by allowing a consistent relationship throughout the year.
NATPE has taken full organizational and managerial responsibility for the event. DISCOP has been rebranded as NATPE||Budapest as a companion to its highly successful Miami-based international content market held January 23-25, 2012.
The 3-day market primarily covers Central and Eastern Europe, a world region fuelled by:
- 1,000 TV Stations with national coverage;
- 3,000 regional, local and thematic channels produced/dubbed in local languages;
- 200 major Pay-TV platforms (Satellite/Cable/Telco);
- 150 major home-video physical distributors;
- 50 major formats producers;
- A fast-growing number of alternative content-distribution platforms.