Speaking in a press conference, Yuriy Artemenko, the council’s president, said that in doing so it had strictly adhered to current legislation. This required it to issue a licence within 10 days of receiving the licence fee, which it had done on December 26.
In a statement, the council also said it had extended licences to over 130 broadcasters in 2016 and none had complained about the period or procedure for the issue of those licences.
It was now awaiting documentary evidence that the owner of 1+1 had not changed.
As previously reported by Broadband TV News, 1+1 feared that its licence may not be renewed and that it could be subjected to a hostile take-over.
This prompted it to write to senior politicians, including the country’s president, asking for help.