In a summary of results and industry trends to mark its fifth anniversary, the company adds that compared to the previous year, the number of transactions increased five-fold.
Today, 40% of its revenues come from paid products, with the remaining 60% from advertising. Furthermore, 70% of its traffic is consumed by smart TV owners, who are the largest segment of paid product users.
Megogo estimates that by 2025 the global VOD market will be worth $105 billion, with pay-TV accounting for over $540 billion. By 2020 most streaming will be in 4K, HDR will become a standard format for entertainment, and 3D will be replaced by a new solution for dimensional video, VR will remain a niche format and become more popular in the gaming industry. However, the AR video market will explode and become a revolutionary mass product, strengthening live broadcast as a new format of content consumption.
That is why the company is vigorously engaged in developing its own product Megogo Live.