In contast, according to the findings of a study by Digimonitor, published by the national transmission company Ceske Radiokomunikace (CRa), satellite is favoured by 26%, cable 24% and IPTV only 7%.
The majority (70%) of DTT homes receive their signals via built-in tuners in their TVs, with the remainder (30%) using set-top boxes. However, the latter’s share, associated with the transition to digital broadcasting, continues to fall.
Interestingly, 10% of respondents are considering switching to terrestrial reception, up from 8.5% in 2013. Furthermore, as the number of TVs in the home increases, viewers are considering increasing the number of platforms they use.
A further appeal of terrestrial TV is that it now provides interactive OTT services via HbbTV. Moreover, with the transition to DVB-T2, only 8% of viewers are now thinking of switching to another platform.