Securing video analytics data is a high priority for operators and customers, but the intricacy of data security is a sensitive topic.
This whitepaper on analytics and data security is informed by a series of in-depth interviews recently conducted with key decision makers from within the video service operator industry. Their thinking informs discussion on the complexities of strategy in a rapidly changing marketplace for video services and the technologies that drive them.
Interviews with operators and industry executives reveal the following trends:
- Operators face new operating and security risks due to an increasingly connected ecosystem
- Trust is the foundation of the operator-customer relationship in a data-driven economy
- The structure of operator organisations includes C-level positions dedicated to security and privacy of customer information.
- Based on this information, this research draws the following conclusions:
- Securing video analytics data must be a constant priority, not a periodic responsibility, to ensure the security and integrity of the data
- With an increased reliance on video analytics data for service-related decisions, ensuring the
integrity of the data and trust of the customer has become a board-level responsibility
- Operators understand that security of video analytics data is not their core business and are
instead leaning on partners with security-specific expertise
Your details may be shared with our partner Verimatrix. Submitting this form signifies your permission to do so.