The Estonian national transmission company Levira is set to increase its digital distribution fees by 30%.
Delfi Majandus reports that the company first announced its intention to raise the fees, starting from July, at the beginning of this year.
Although the move has been criticised by Kanal 2, one of the country’s leading broadcasters, it is likely to be more keenly felt by smaller channels.
Levira is 51% owned by the state, with France’s TDF holding the remaining 49%.
Estonia completed ASO on July 1 this year. It currently has three DTT multiplexes and is expected to deploy three more in the near future.