At year end, Belgium cable operator Telenet counted 391,000 digital homes, or one in four of all homes serviced. The operator registered a total of 420,000 subscribers to one or more premium television services, comprising 391,000 iDTV subscribers, 25,000 Prime customers (on the former Canal+ platform, the majority being in the Partner Network region) and 5,000 customers subscribing to premium content on the former UPC Belgium network.
Other highlights are:
* Full year outlook successfully achieved through continued solid growth and improved performance;
* Net organic annual RGU growth of 315,000, total RGU base now exceeds 3.5 million;
* Fourth-quarter iDTV net additions of 51,000; almost one out of four basic television customers on digital platform;* Revenue of €931.9 million, up 15% versus prior year;
* EBITDA(1) of €442.9 million, up 21%, yielding an EBITDA margin of 47.5% for the full year;
* Capital expenditures(2) of €208.8 million, representing a reduction to 22% of revenue from 25% of revenue prior year;
* Free cash flow(3) of €177.2 million, an increase of 71% compared to €103.4 million in the prior year.
NOTE – more figures in our sister publication New Television Insider.