The French 24-hour news channel France 24 has said it is now available to 80 million households worldwide with the addition of a number of new distribution contracts. These include:
- A carriage contract on the DTT service in Mauritius, which can be received by 25% of the local population, or about 100,000 households;
- Ten distribution agreements in Russia, Ukraine and Moldavia with several cable networks and MMDS. The channel was already available in Russia via the Northern-Eastern Telecom and DMUP networks, and is therefore increasing its presence in this region, particularly in large cities like Ufa in Russia and Kiev in Ukraine;
- In Austria, an agreement with Telekom Austria for carriage on its IPTV service AON DigitalTV;
- In Portugal, Cabovisao’s digital cable network and with Portugal Telecom’s meo IPTV service;
- In Morocco, the Arabic version on Maroc Telecom’s IPTV platform;
- In Turkey, D-Smart, the new DTH platform from the Dogan media group and
- In Malta, with Melita Cable’s digital service.