According to local reports, there has been yet another change in the ownership structure of the Russian commercial station Ren TV. Sugutneftegaz is understood to have reduced its stake in Media Invest, a company that has until now held 35% of shares in Ren TV, from 100% to only 25%. The new owner of Media Invest is Abros, which was already a 45% shareholder in Ren TV, and as a result Abros now effectively controls 70% of the station. Although the remaining 30% is held by RTL Group, there are indications that the Bertelsmann-owned company, which has only been present in the Russian TV market for around 18 months, is interested in selling up.
Abros ups stake in Ren TV
April 15, 2007 22.29 Europe/London By Chris Dziadul
Subscribe to Broadband TV News
Daily and Weekly Updates Direct to Your Inbox